Monday, January 7, 2008

So what if I'm obessed with food?

I didn't do to much today. I got up at 7:00 to get Maddy ready for school. I find it incredibly interesting that for two solid weeks I didn't have to get up at any particular time and Connor woke up early every day. Today, I had to get up at 7:00 no matter what and he slept til 8:15. Annoying! But it gave me a chance to get my grocery list put together. So me and Connor braved the rain and went grocery shopping. At the store I saw a tomato that was covered in stickers. You know those stickers that have the number on them so the cashier can ring it up? Those stickers. It made me laugh and I wished I had a camera with me. I would have put the picture right here ----->. So I have devised a plan to carry a camera with me from now on. Funny how the million photo opps of my kids that I have missed hasn't motivated me to carry a camera in the diaper bag. But a missed pic of a funny tomato does. That's kinda sad actually.



I have a new recipe. I know I JUST posted a new one the other day but, dang, I can't stop myself. I'm that good! lol. Anyone who has known me for more than a year can see the total irony in that statement. :) As you can see, I've decided to start taking pics of the food I make. It's just cooler that way. Plus I hope it motivates you to make it yourself when you can see how awesome it is. lol. But this was delicious! Larry said it is the best thing I have ever made. I really didn't think I would ever hear that. He loves the Baked Ziti so much. He did go on from there to say how you can't mess up a chicken sandwich but I'm choosing to cut that part of the comment out of my mind. :) Let's just stick with the fact that it was the best thing I've ever made. Ok, so here it is.... Enjoy!

Honey-Lime Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 rounded teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
4 crusty rolls, split

Topping
lettuce
sliced tomato
sliced red onion
sliced avocado
1 cup prepared salsa

Directions
1. Combine lime juice, honey, cumin, cilantro, and olive oil in a small bowl to make marinade. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Coat chicken in marinade and set aside for 10 minutes.

Grill chicken, or pan fry over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet, uncovered, 6 minutes per side.

Slice grilled chicken on an angle and pile on roll bottoms. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sliced avocado. Spread salsa on roll tops.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome I wish I had stayed for dinner too. LOL
Jennifer

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch