Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The doctor can't see you now.

Connor has another ear infection. A double one really, but I don't see how that makes any difference. Last night was terrible. He was waking up like every 30 minutes. I also now know that 30 minutes is about exactly the time it takes me to fall asleep. lol. Because every time I would JUST fall asleep and he would start crying. I felt like I was in some sort of deranged sleep experiment or something. Finally at about 4:30 he fell asleep for good. So Larry got an hour of sleep and I got two and a half. fun.

So sometime in the fuzzy haze of last night we decided I was taking him to the doctor today. I have a trick for getting Connor a good sick baby appointment. The phones for Connor's doctor open at 8:00 so I call at like 7:58 and go round and round in the phone tree until they open. That way I am pretty much the first person to get an appointment. Well, thinking that Connor didn't fall asleep til almost 5 am gave me the misleading impression that he would sleep late. So as soon as Maddy left for school I went back to bed. Connor woke up about 20 minutes later. So I missed the chance to do my phone tree trick with the doctor. I know from experience not to even bother at this point. So I got the bright idea to take him to the pediatric urgent care instead. They just opened a new one right by my house and there is never a car there so I figured it wouldn't a very long wait. We head down there at about 8:30. Well, they don't open til 5. Grrr. I know of another pediatric urgent care about 10 miles away but I was afraid they didn't open til late either. It's called "Goodnight pediatrics" so that's kind of a hint. But I start heading over there just in case. On my way over there I try to call my doctor's office to see if I can get him in there. They are booked full. It's only 8:50 am! Then I call Maddy's dr. and they actually have an appointment and can see him at 9:50. I was so excited! They tell me to arrive 30 minutes early. So awesome I go over there and wait.... and wait... and wait. They don't actually see him til almost 11. (I got there at 9:15) I leave with two prescriptions and go to Target. I wait there for 30 minutes. Finally, I get home at 12:15 put Connor down for a nap chock full of Motrin and Amoxocillin. It took me almost 4 hours to take Connor to the dr.! 15 minutes later Maddy got home from school. Oh yeah, its a half day! wohoo... not. All I want to do is take a nap but instead I will spend the afternoon playing Parcheesi and breaking up fights over McDonalds toys.

Oh, and Target has their bathing suits out. Bathing suits?? It's January for christ's sake!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch