Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I have such a fast brain.

You know, now that I have had time to reflect Maddy falling last night in the shower I realize that I have a little more to say on the issue. I went running up there I fully expecting to find her hurt. When I turned the corner and could see into the bathroom I could see her blurry shape though the curtain and she was holding her arm. I knew it was broken. It’s funny cause it is literally three steps from the bathroom door to the shower and in the time it took to take those steps I had about a gajillion thoughts. First and foremost I was reminding myself not to freak out when I see her deformed arm. Stay calm. At the same time I was also contemplating the complexities of trying to get a soaking wet and naked girl to the ER. And exactly how was I going to get her there since Larry was at the store with Connor and had taken the van and his car is in the shop (brakes). So I would have had to take the truck, and do I even know where the truck keys are? Besides the fact that I have never driven the truck before. Or maybe if I call Larry right away he can be home with the van before I even finish getting Maddy dressed, and what is the maximum wetness that I can take a child out in the winter?

And then I reached the shower and pulled back the curtain.

“are you ok?”
“I fell.”
“I know, I heard. Is anything broken?”
“No.”
“well then.” Kiss “you’ll live.”

Oh and speaking of Larry's car being in the shop. It needed brakes, it was making a horrible noise and brakes are one of those things you can't put off. Not like, lets say, the air bag light that has been on for the past 2 years. So we take it down to Midas for their $99 brake special. You know the one, the one they charge you $160 for. Yeah, they also said it would be done last night. Ummm yeah. Larry is picking it up on his way home from work today. Cheap and speedy. *enter eye roll here*

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch