Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Turkey Burgers

Would it surprise you to know that I didn't win anything at Bingo? I didn't even come close. Is it possible to actually be bad at a game of luck?

Oh Connor was so cute Monday morning. Maddy usually unloads the dishwasher in the morning but she was at her dad's house so I was doing it. I had the dishwasher open and I wasn't really paying attention but I turn around and Connor has put a plate and a bowl on the counter, just like Maddy does. It was so cute! So I made a big deal about it and he says "I'm a helper!" Awwwww. He is a helper. He handed me the rest of the dishes and I put them away. When he got to the mixing bowl he was saying "cake! cake!". lol. What a smartie.


So I made the Thai Turkey Burgers. They were sneaky good. When I ate them I wasn't overly impressed. I mean, they were good but I wasn't falling out of my chair or anything. But I couldn't get them out of my mind and like an hour later I was wanting the leftovers.

Here they are...

Warm Pineapple Salsa
1 fresh ripe cored pineapple
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
1/4 red onion, finely chopped.
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
10 to 15 fresh pasil leaves, cut into thin strips

Brugers
1 and 1/3 ground turkey breast
1 inch fresh gingerroot peeled and grated, or 2 pinches ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons curry powder
course salt to taste
2 scallions, finely chopped
4 cornmeal topped rolls, or 4 toasted sandwich-size English muffins
Bibb, Boston, or red leaf lettuce for topping

Drain pineapple and cut into pieces that will fit in food processor. Place in processor and process to a coarse, chunky texture. heat sesame oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a skillet over medium-high heat until oil smokes. Add bell pepper and oinions and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add pineapple and heat through. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss in basil. Let the salsa hang out in the warm pan while you cook burgers.

Heat a non stick skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Combine turkey, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, curry powder, salt, and scallions. Form into 4 patties and cook on skillet. 4 minutes on each side. Serve on rolls with lots of warm pineapple salsa and lettuce.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch