Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What's my age again?

So I got my new retainer today. Awww yeah. For those that don't know about 3 weeks ago I broke my old one. Thinking that since my teeth haven't moved for 13 years I was pretty safe without a new one I let it go. Well, I was wrong. They moved. So I went in and forked over $300 that I don't have to have this really cool (not) one made. It HUGE. I have to learn how to talk all over again.

On the bright side it is going to cure two bad habits that I have. I can no longer bite my nails, since I can not touch my teeth together. And eating on the fly is out. I have to remove this gigantic piece of plastic from my mouth in order to eat and its in there so tight it practically have to get a crow bar to pry it off my teeth. Grabbing that cookie on the way through the kitchen won't be happening. I really have to commit to a meal to make it worth removing this thing.

I am also registering for classes today at MCC. Or make that A class. Only one. But hey, its something. So between a trip to the orthodontist and registering for college... I feel like I'm 18 again. If only I didn't have to take Connor with me everywhere I go.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can still be 18 taking Connor with you... hehehe... ^^
and I can't believe your teeth still moves. you MUST BE 18...
Carol

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch