Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Injury after injury

Connor had a rough night last night.

I was doing the dishes and he pushed one of the kitchen chairs out into the middle of the kitchen. I don't know why. I really wasn't paying attention to him. I just heard the chair go across the floor. I guess he was trying to see what I was doing. He climbs up there and I don't know what happened but when I looked over at him he is falling head first. I mean he is seriously upside down. His whole body is straight and is feet are pointing towards the ceiling. He lands on his head and the rest of his body all hit at once. He is sprawled out flat on his back. And screaming. Considering the event it was a relatively quick recovery. I picked him and we went and sat on the couch together. He screamed, I cuddled and before long he was pushing me away. So I go to finish the dishes.

I don't think I even washed one dish and he goes zipping across the family room. When he gets to the couch he starts screaming again. I figure this is just leftover from a moment ago. You know, maybe he saw the chair in the middle of the floor and had a flashback or something. He was fine a minute ago so I leave him to work it out on his own. But he doesn't stop. Larry goes over and picks him up to find his foot bleeding. Not bleeding a lot, bleeding the absolute least amount that something can bleed. But he had a cut on his toe. On the bottom right where the toe meets the foot. In that little chubby crease. So again, he is screaming and won't walk on it. You can tell it hurts. We would get him calm and then he would go take a step and start crying again. It had a little skin flap so Larry took him upstairs to put a band-aid on it. I think getting the band-aid was more traumatic than getting the injury. OMG I could hear the screaming from the kitchen. So finally they come down. Each with a band-aid on their toe. Connor kept showing it to me. Which was the cutest thing ever! He would sit down and hold up that cute little foot with his toes all spread out and point to the band-aid and say "cut". Then he would point to Larry's foot to show me his. So proud to have a band-aid just like Daddy.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch