Friday, November 9, 2007

Think Santa hits the drive-thru?

So today is day 5 of not eating out. I'm pretty impressed with myself. That is a record for me. I can't think of the last time I went that long without eating out. Maybe back when I was pregnant with Maddy. I was so poor, I couldn't afford groceries let alone eating out. I did spend 50 cents on a soda yesterday to take with me to the park, but I really don't count that.

I've also started Christmas shopping. I have two people totally done and one person I have an idea for but I just haven't bought it yet. Then come the hard people. I have Connor half done, but Maddy and Larry I haven't even started. I have NO CLUE what to get either one of them. I'm sorry but the things Maddy is asking for are dumb. Maybe I shouldn't judge like that but I really don't see long lasting play out of these expensive gifts, ya know. She wants a rocking horse, same as last year. You know why? Because we have this book that my mom gave her "Baby's First Christmas" and in that book the baby gets a rocking horse. I try to explain that she isn't a baby, and it's not her first Christmas. But to no avail. A rocking horse stays on her list. How much play do think this rocking horse would really get? I'm guessing about 5 mins Christmas morning and that's it.

Oh but the point of bringing up the whole Christmas shopping thing was to say that I'm trying to get all my shopping done before we leave for Disneyland. Which is in three weeks and two days!!! I can't wait!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch