Friday, November 16, 2007

I want a coupon for some free abuse!

So I had one simple thing to do today. Get my oil changed. Its the first time I've had the oil changed in the van. Yes, I've had it for 6 months but it only has 3500 miles on it cause I go nowhere. Anyways, against my better judgment I took it to Walmart. I should have known better because the last two times I have been there I've wandered around Walmart for an hour only to be told they couldn't change my oil for whatever reason. Wanna take a guess at what happened today? Yup! I wandered around for an hour only to be told they couldn't change the oil because they didn't have a filter. "Why didn't someone call me?" I ask. "Oh I just found out." he said. Yeah, sure, ok, whatever. They were kind enough to let me know that another Walmart about 15 miles away has the filter. So I guess they thought I wanted to spend another hour walking around a different Walmart. Um... no thanks. I'll just go to Jiffy Lube. Which is what I did. They charged me $60.00 but at least it's done. I sent Walmart an email complaining and asking for a coupon for a free oil change. I'm not holding my breath.

But on to tastier things....

This week I'm putting together two old things to make one new thing. Two weeks ago I made Peanut Butter Cupcakes and they were pretty good but the best part was the frosting. It was so good. It got kinda hard but would melt in your mouth. And it tasted just like the peanut butter inside a Reeses. So I'm going to make that frosting and put it on brownies instead. Holy crap that is going to be good. Here's the recipe for the frosting. I'm just making brownies out of a box, fudgy not cakey.

Peanut Butter Frosting
1/3 cup peanut butter (name brand, don't cheap out on me here)
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons milk

Cream peanut butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the honey and vanilla. Beat in enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch