Sunday, November 11, 2007

Can you tell I'm hungry?

I lost 3 lbs this week. Pretty good. I had 8 to lose, so that is almost half of it in just one week. yay! The retainer was perfectly timed. :) As were the new batteries for the scale.

What else? I'm going to try to make it til the end of the month without eating out. But its already impossible cause I have breakfast plans with Shane and then lunch plans with Jennifer. Eating out is so social... I really don't even know what else to suggest to do. Hey, instead of lunch lets take a walk. haha... no. I mean really. (edited to add that not eating out means not eating out during the week, the weekends are a lost cause)

My new recipe for this week is Apple Chicken. I'm making it on Tuesday, I'll let you know how it goes. I try a new recipe each week. I guess I'll blog about it, why not.

Apple Chicken

Serves 6

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts -- cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 Granny Smith apples -- cored and sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
3/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and brown on all
sides. Add apple slices, sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add
1/2 the wine and chicken broth, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10
minutes. Mix remaining wine and broth together with remaining
ingredients, add to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly until sauce thickens.

Per Serving: 161 Calories; 2g Fat (15.5% calories from fat); 7g
Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 246mg
Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch) ; 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat;
1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Baked potatoes, baked butternut squash and
steamed broccoli.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch