Friday, August 8, 2008

Shhh

So far not so good. Maddy still isn't feeling first grade. She thinks her teacher is mean. Which we definitely got the feeling she is stern at meet the teacher night. So I think she just isn't used to that. I feel for her.

She was complaining that Kaleea, Nathan, Jacob, Ethan, and Madeline all got to pick a prize from the treasure box for being quiet.
"I was being quiet!" Maddy said. "It's not fair! I was being very quiet!"
I tried to console her with "It's ok honey, I'm sure you will get to pick from the treasure box someday." Then I asked. "When did you have to be quiet?"
"During our work time." She said. "I was talking to Nikki very quietly!"
LOL!!
"Well, honey, if you were talking then you weren't being quiet."
"I was being quiet. I was whispering."
"Sweetie. Being quiet means not talking. It doesn't mean talking quietly."

That girl! I really hope something happens soon that makes her like first grade. I think part of her problem is that she is exhausted. She's at her dad's this weekend which isn't going to help matters. I hope she gets a nap while she is there.

1 comments:

Shane said...

Poor Maddy! She cracks me up. It's funny because my first grade teacher was really stern, too. She scared the hell outta me. My only real memory was doing this elaborate Halloween scene and then stapling my thumb accidentally in class ... later on of course, the Halloween project was pretty harmless. And um, when am I going to read another Ashley original story?

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch