Saturday, August 2, 2008

A girl named Horse

It's fricken hot! Oh my good lordy is it hot. Low of 95 yesterday. Low of 95. Larry was working late so I purposely made plans to run errands in the afternoon, so that we aren't just sitting around here driving ourselves crazy. Anyways, I had to go to Walmart and return some light bulbs and then go to Costco. It was an unwritten plan that we would also have dinner there.

First off, on my way to Walmart I realized it's not very cost effective to drive 5 miles out of my way to return a pack of light bulbs that only cost $2.50 to begin with. But hey, I was already half way there so might as well finish it. I found the closest parking spot I could but I was still melting by the time we got inside. It wasn't a long enough errand to get cooled off so by the time we all got back out to the car I was about to explode. I put Connor in his seat, sun soaking my back, and he says "Where's my cup?" and I have an instant image of it sitting on the customer service counter. But I swear, it wasn't worth the dollar to walk all the way back into Walmart. So I was willing to forgo the cup. But it was extra irritating that this trip that was supposed to get me $2.50 now got me nothing but a soaking wet t-shirt.

So we head off to Costco. I make the rounds and when I go to pay I found Connor's cup in my bag. I was so happy! It wasn't a useless trip. So anyways, we are sitting at our table, pizza in hand, and Maddy and I have the following conversation...

Her: "My friend Autumn's eyes change color."
Me: "Oh, maybe that's why they named her Autumn."
Her: *confused look*
Me: "Autumn is another name for Fall. And what happens in the Fall?"
Her: "The leaves change color!"
Me: "Right, so maybe they named her Autumn because her eyes change color like the leaves."
Her: "You should have named me Horse."

LOL!! I'm sure she would have loved being named Horse. I really missed an opportunity there!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch