Friday, August 29, 2008

Failures

I don't know if I mentioned this but I started school on Monday. Yes, this is two semesters in row! Anyways, so both my classes were online. My math class was kicking my butt, badly. I was spending like an hour on each question. But hey, I was up for it. I'm not against locking myself in a room for a few hours and digging in. But 24 hours of studying later I was only half way through the first assignment and I was supposed to do 3 assignments a week. I realized that I wasn't going to be able to keep up. (Notice this is all in past tense?) The problem is that I took the prerequisite for the class in 1997. Apparently I remember very little.

Let me pause that story for a second so that I can remind you that yesterday was Larry's birthday. And he had taken the day off to spend with us. Unpause.

So yesterday I dropped the class and called an adviser to see what she suggested that I take. She of course had no idea what I should take. I don't know why they call them adviser's since they can never advise you. So I figured I better go take a placement test to see where I belong. Turns out I need to take that class over again. I figured as much.

I called my wonderful husband and had him look online and find me a class to take. He found one but it started in one hour from then. Which meant that I wasn't going to be home for cake and ice cream. I had also missed Connor's nap dealing with all this B.S. so we didn't get to spend any quality time together then either.

I was pretty frustrated with the whole thing. I felt like I had failed at making Larry's birthday special because I was so busy failing my class. Blah.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch