Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dreamer

I had a dream the other night that my friend Jennifer, her sister, and her daughter in law all bought a house together. I was there and notice the house has huge cockroaches. But they weren't cockroaches, they were turtles, but they were the cockroaches... if you know what I'm sayin'. So I point it out and Jennifer says "oh, that's ok, we have the duck." And this duck walks over to one of the turtle/cockroaches and tries to eat it. But of course it can't cause ducks don't eat turtles!

Then we are in the back yard and notice over on the side of the house is this fallen dead tree. No leaves, just and old dead tree laying there. But on the branches are tons of the turtle/ cockroaches hanging upside down like bats. We realize this is where they are coming from and Jennifer's daughter in law takes out a red match. (The fact that it was red was very important for some reason) and lights it and throws it on the dead tree. Then everyone goes inside. Which totally freaks me out since they just lit a huge fire in the back yard. I thought someone might want to stay outside and keep an eye on it. Then I notice that their babies are sleeping like two feet from the fire so I go and scoop up a baby in each arm. Then I notice that Connor is there too, sleeping in this white wire basket. Not really a basket, more like a frame. It actually looked like the thing you hang from your shower head to put your shampoo and stuff on. Anyways, so I take the babies I'm already holding inside....

And then I woke up. But I know I did save Connor, even though it wasn't part of the dream

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch