Monday, March 3, 2008

A perfect day

We had an awesome weekend. Seriously, it was the best weekend I’ve had in a long time. We didn’t do anything extraordinary or anything. It was just really nice. For one thing the weather was absolutely gorgeous so we were able to have all the windows open. I don’t know why that puts me in such an awesome mood, but it does. It makes me feel like a little kid on summer vacation.

On Saturday we all went to Tumbleweed park and actually had fun. I didn’t spend my time criticizing other parents or wondering how much the park cost to build. Instead, I enjoyed spending time outside as a family. I had put sunscreen on the kids and they smelled like aloe mixed with sweat. Ok, that doesn’t really seem like it would smell good, but it definitely reminded me of being a little kid. By the time we left we all had that been-out-in-the-sun feeling of tired. You know the one. Where you skin is dry and hot and all you want to do is lay down on the couch and take a nap. So we went home and cooked hamburgers on the grill. Larry and I each had a beer (yes, I’m going to call my wine cooler a beer, ok?) and we all hung out together in the back yard. And the kids were being… you know… good. And to top off the perfectness of our afternoon, when we brought the burgers in from the grill the fries in the oven had 4 seconds left to cook. 4 seconds! How perfect! Stuff like that never happens around here.

Not to be a downer but Connor does have another ear infection. Which brought up a subject at the doctor’s office that I had been hoping to avoid. Tubes. Yikes. The doctor wants me to make an appointment with the ENT to have Connor evaluated for tubes. I will because I’m a good mom and I think I should at least go and hear what he as to say. But I can tell you right now, I’m going to be a hard sell. I mean, we are talking surgery here. I’m just not down for that.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch