Friday, March 28, 2008

Down with diapers!

We had a big day around here yesterday. Connor sat on the potty!! He didn't do anything but he sat there with a naked booty. This is a big deal because until today he would get mad if I even asked him about it. Until about two weeks ago he would yell "NO!" and run out of the room if I even said the word "potty".

Yesterday he was farting a lot (nice I know!) so I thought maybe he was going to poop. I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and he actually said yes! So I put him up there and he didn't like it at all. So I took him back down and got a diaper out. He didn't want to put a diaper on either. I made it clear that it was either a diaper or sitting on the potty. He couldn't walk around half naked. He picked the potty. I was so surprised. He was very nervous and I held him until he got comfortable. Then we sat there and read books for like 30 minutes. Finally I got bored and figured this wasn't going to happen, so we got down.

But still... such progress!

1 comments:

TroubleX2 said...

Woo hoo! You're almost there! No...really you are :) Funny, letting my son walk around naked was how I got him to sit on the potty. He decided that dribbling on himself wasn't the way to go. Ha ha!

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch