Friday, May 2, 2008

The library is backwards.

The library has story time at 10:30 on Thursdays. I intend to go every week but for some reason I never do. This week I actually got my act together and we arrived at the library at 10:20, only to find out that the last story time was last Thursday and won't be starting again til September. Why?? It seems like the summer time would be the best for kid things. I don't get it. The other time we were there was during spring break and they didn't have anything going on that week either. It makes no sense.

So instead I wandered around and found the chapter books for kids. I don't know if I mentioned this but I've started reading chapter books to Maddy. We are reading Charlotte's web right now and she is loving it. I even got a very high compliment about it yesterday during breakfast. She said "I didn't think about seashells one time while you were reading Charlotte's web." Wow, that is quite amazing. Especially since she lays on her side facing away from me while I read. I didn't even know she was listening, let alone not thinking of seashells.

If anyone has any suggestions for good chapter books for a 6 year old girl please let me know.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch