Sunday, May 18, 2008

Extra care

I haven't told you about my orchid in a while. First off, despite all odds, it's still alive! Surprising in it's own right. But it's also growing a new leaf. Amazing. I did some more research about them and I learned that I am supposed to be watering it with room temp water and fertilizing it once a month. I'm also supposed to put some water and rocks in a dish and put the plant on top of the rocks. I guess that keeps it more humid. Oh, and they also like an oscillating fan on them. Jeeze lousie! The room temp water I can do since we keep an open gallon in the pantry to make iced tea with, so that's easy. And the fertilizer I can see, everyone has to eat. But that's were I'm drawing the line. The plant is just going to have to tough it out in this hot dry climate like the rest of us. I'm not running a spa here.

And Connor is being a total bear. He has his last 4 molars all coming in at once. Poor baby. I can feel all the bumps of each molar right under the skin. He woke up twice last night crying. I hope one or two popped though. I haven't checked yet. The good thing is that these are the last ones. After this we are done with teething! I'm so happy.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch