Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

So we got a new Christmas tree this year. Last year I was trying to move a fully lit and decorated tree back towards the wall a few inches and heard a crack. It was never quite the same after that. lol.

We got a pretty nice one. I figured we would have it for quite a few years, so might as well get something we really like. It's prelit and everything. We usually do colored lights, but it was $75 more for colored lights... so we just got white. Which I do like, but dang... it's bright. That is one thing that you can't judge in the store. Brightness. I was under the impression that more lights are better. And under the harsh lights of the store it doesn't seem to matter. In fact, the trees with a smaller amount of lights seem dim. But when you get it home under normal lighting... wow. It's daytime all the time.

I wanted a prelit tree for two reasons. Not having to string it is one reason of course. The other is that I no longer have to spend two weeks rearranging the lights trying to fill gaps. I'm obsessive about it. I hate to have uneven lighting on my tree. It even bothers me if there are a grouping of one color, but I have to let that slide cause that is bordering on nuts. I can't very well restring the whole tree because there are 4 red lights right next to each other and it's catching my eye. In fact, that might be how I broke the tree last year. Trying to turn an unsightly lighting situation towards the wall.

Anyways, all these white lights have caused us to think twice about our ornaments. The only ones you can really see are the red bulbs. And they look so pretty against the white lights and green tree. So next year we are only going to put up red bulbs and the ornaments that are important to us. Yeah, a theme. I'm going to have a themed tree. Something I swore I would never do. But hey, I think red bulbs is fairly acceptable as far as themes go.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch