Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat

Trick or treating was a blast! Connor did sooooooo well. He was such a trooper. I thought we would hit a few houses, maybe 10 or less, and he would want to go home. And I certainly never thought he would keep on his eye patch, or "piratch" as he calls it, or his hat. But he did, the whole time. I could tell the piratch was bothering him cause he kept scratching at it and I could see the skin under it was red and irriated but he didn't want to take it off. He would march up to every house, knock a big knock, say trick or treat before anyone even opened the door, and then hold out his pumpkin for the candy. As soon has he had his booty he would turn and head to the next house.

If somone held out the bucket and said "Go ahead, take as much as you want." he would take one little piece and place it carefully in his pumpkin. It was so cute.

We were out there for well over an hour. His candy collecting pumpkin was stuffed full. It was too heavy for him to carry by the end. But he still wanted to keep going. We would ask, "Are you ready to go home?" and he would say "One more candy!" We played that game for about 15 houses. He never did quit. We had to make an executive decision and our little pirate got a piggy back ride home.

At one house this older lady gave him his candy and said "He brings back such memories." And I had to hold back tears for the next 20 houses. These are my memories. Seriously, I had so much fun trick or treating with him. I will remember it forever.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch