Friday, November 21, 2008

Ducks

We went to the park again today. The one I was telling you about with the tiny train. It was pretty fun. We rode the train again and then walked over to the lake and ate lunch and watched the ducks. Connor liked them, but not as much as I thought he would. He was more interested in "climbing the mountain". Which just means walking to the top of the little hill we were sitting on. Which put him directly behind me so I had to turn completely around and stare right into the sun to see him. And he was just far enough away to be able to pretend he couldn't hear me. We had this conversation about 50 times.

"Mommy look! I'm on top of the mountain."
"Yes I see you, now please come back." squint squint squint
"I'm on top of the mountain!"
"I know, come eat your sandwich." squint squint squint
"I'm on top of the mountain!"
"Connor! Come here!" And he would come so I could coerce another bite of peanut butter and jelly into him.

Doesn't that sound lovely?

The funny part was that he thought the ducks were farting.

"Mommy, the ducks are farting."
"hahaha... no honey, they are quacking."
"oh, quacking... right."

Then we fed them a piece of Connor's sandwich which was fun. He liked that. He keeps telling me that "they ducks ate Connor's lunch". Yes they did sweetie, yes they did.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch