Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Saturday that dreams are made of

Connor had a fantastic weekend. I'm just now getting a chance to tell you about it but, seriously, it was a little boy's dream.

Trash is picked up at our house on Wednesday mornings. Recycling is picked up on Saturday mornings. Every single Wednesday and Saturday we are standing dutifully on our front porch waiting. Actually, that's a total lie. On Wednesday I bounce off the couch and go running for the door because I just heard the trash truck and we rush out on to the porch just in time to see him empty our trash. And on Saturday... well, I don't know cause I sleep in.

But I got reports that this past Saturday the trash man actually stopped, got out, and let Connor sit in his seat and turn the wheel! How cool! I wish I had pics. But he has talked about it quite a bit since then. "Sit in the chair... and the wheel!" I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow since I highly doubt he will get that chance again. I'm pretty sure he thinks this is a regular thing.

Then later that day we went to this park near the house that has a train you can ride. It's small but it's a real train. It takes you around the park and Connor LOVED it. Oh, riding the train. A dream come true. It's pretty cheap and we have tickets left over so I'm going to take him again on Friday. They also have a small Merry-go-Round and another little ride. Have I mentioned it's small? Cause the whole place was tiny.

So yeah, he got to ride a train and sit in the garbage truck. Both in one day!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch