Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I tried to avoid it... but to the dr we go.

The nurse called again today. Maddy went to the nurse to get a breathing treatment. (Good thing I signed their paperwork!) Anyways, today was the last dose of the steroid medicine they gave her on Friday. While she is better, she clearly isn't 100%. I can hear her "heezing" if I put my hear to her chest.

I called her lung dr and made her an appointment for Thursday. I really want to get her in to see someone before we head out to the Grand Canyon next week. On the Grand Canyon's website it says specifically that people with lung problems or heart conditions (I think it was) tend to have more problems up there if they aren't used to the altitude. Which we're not.

I hate drs. Her lung dr. has three offices he practices at. One close, one far, and one farther. You can guess how often he is at the close office. Umm... hardly ever. This month he is there on the 9th, and the 29th. That's it. So I took the 9th. What choice did I really have? I am grateful that I don't have to drive across the whole damn valley, though. You would think that the million people on this side of the valley might need a Pediatric Plumologist more that twice a month though. I'm just sayin'.

So she missed school on Friday because she was "heezing", and now I'm going to have to pick her up early to take her to her appointment on Thursday. Because I guess the Pediatric part of the job description doesn't mean that you have after school appointments. But I've ranted about that before.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch