Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maddy's letter to Santa

Maddy has taken to spending long periods playing in her room alone. Which is cool. Yesterday she came down and told me she had been talking to Santa. I pulled out a metal notepad and imaginary pen, got ready to find out how much Christmas was going to cost me, and said "Oh yeah? What did you say?"

"I told him he should be nicer."

Ah yes. That's my girl right there. Telling Santa to be nicer. Only Maddy could look at Santa with critical eye.

Dear Santa,

In anticipation of the upcoming Christmas season I've been reviewing your past performance. Last year I asked for a pink flying Pterodactyl and it was not received. I know the Christmas tree was over flowing with gifts, but I asked for a present that does not exist in this entire world and you disappointed me. Your lack of caring is inexcusable and I hope it is not repeated again. Please see to it that I receive the rocking horse that has been on my Christmas List for the past two years. I believe this should be within the scope of your abilities.

Also, you should really work on your attitude. I saw you whipping Dasher as you flew out of sight and I felt that was entirely unnecessary. Please refrain from beating your reindeer in front of the children you claim to care about. I know are under tight time constraints but if you can't control your frustrations please find another mode of transportation. May I suggest a hot air balloon as an alternative.

Lastly, I feel coal as a gift to be a bit harsh. It's hard being a child these days, with all our computers and video games. We often don't get the exercise needed to use up all of our energy. This makes us restless and causes us to act out. Please have some more understanding of our situation and refrain from giving coal. While it's true that I've never heard of a child actually receiving coal in their stocking, the idea of it is just down right disturbing.

Thank you,
Madison.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch