Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!! Yay! I can't wait to see Connor in his costume. I'm sure I've mentioned this a dozen times but he's going to be a pirate.

The big news around here is that Connor is going to give up his pacifier tonight. I've explained the whole thing to him. That he is going to put his "fire" in box outside and the Pacifier Fairy is going to come and take them for the new babies. She is also going to leave a present for him because he is such a big boy now! I explain all this and Connor looks excited about it so I asked, "Doesn't that sound like a good idea?" He gets a serious look, thinks for a moment, and then says "No." lol. So I really talked up the present. He got excited about that. He said "Connor get a blue present! Open it with my fingers." So Larry is going to pick up some blue wrapping paper so that he can get the blue present he wants. The fairy will be coming while he is trick or treating so that he knows for sure that his "fires" are gone at bedtime.

So my house will be filled with screams tonight. Which is fitting, being Halloween and all.

Speaking of Halloween, do you feel like it's being ruined by the media? I get so sick of hearing about how dangerous trick or treating is. Gosh. Do you know no child has ever been poisioned by a stranger in their Halloween candy? Never happend! But yet every single Halloween hundrends of thousands of parents pick through bags of candy looking for the razor blade in the apple or arsnic on the snickers. Sad. Last night on the news they did a whole story about how X number of sex offenders don't live at the address they have listed on the registry and how there could be a sex offender in the neighborhood... so watch out! UG It makes me sick. If there is a sex offender in my neighborhood, I'm in no more danger on Halloween than any other day of the year. In fact, I'm probably safer. With dozens of people on the streets and people ringing the bell every 3 minutes. That would be the worst time to attack someone. I'm just sayin'.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch