Monday, July 28, 2008

Tears of the overtired

I have two tired kids on my hands.

Maddy burst into tears because we had to go grocery shopping. She seriously cried for like 30 minutes over it. Not a pouty whining cry either. Oh no, the big someone-broke-my-heart wailing cry that she has perfected over the past two years. When she finally picked up the pieces of her broken spirit she said "I'm not going to talk for the rest of the day." (LOL!) 30 seconds later when she started talking I said "Ohhh... your talking!" Which started another round of tears.

Then when we got home from the store Connor just walked around crying for no reason what so ever. He started crying because I wouldn't give him some of my lunch. I tried to explain that he had the exact same thing as I did, his was just cut up. But it didn't matter. Then he dropped his napkin and Maddy got it for him. This was a very upsetting event. Apparently he wanted Mommy to get it. Sorry bub, if you want your napkin you will just have to deal with your sister handing it to you. That pretty much ended lunch... but not the crying.

Luckily "Word World" is on for the 30 minutes before nap or I don't know how I would get through it. That show is like kiddie crack, and my kids are hard core addicts.

But on a happier note; I actually have stuff to do this whole week. I have out-of-the-house plans every single day and it's only Monday. Wow! And yes, grocery shopping counts as plans. Hey, I have to leave the house so it counts! Oh, and I'm making home made lasagna tonight for the first time. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch