Saturday, July 5, 2008

Alligator tears

How was everyone's 4th? Ours was ok. We went bowling. It was tons of fun. Maddy did really well. I totally suck. Maddy kicked my butt and I only beat Connor by like 2 points. lol. The kids had bumpers though. Maddy's dad took her to see fireworks so we just stayed home and cooked some hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and generally just hung out in the backyard.

The plan for tonight was for her to sleep over at Trent's (her cousin) house. They came and picked her up at 4:30 and at about 4:45 they called and said they were bringing her home. So there goes that. I knew it wasn't going to go well. At 4:15 I sent her upstairs to get her bag packed. I went up to check on her at about 4:20 and she was bawling her eyes out. She was frustrated that she couldn't find any shorts to wear. Tired much? So I warned Uncle Scott that she was tired and that if she cried any alligator tears that's why. And it didn't take long. I think it was alligator tears as soon as she walked in the door. She was crying that she wanted to come home, so they brought her right home again. Oh well... I was disappointed for her because she had been really looking forward to it. So Trent slept over here instead.

1 comments:

wendy said...

The only reason I don't bowl with my kids is because they're so much better than I and I'm too competitive to let it go! LOL! I want bumpers!!

Sorry the sleep-over didn't go as you'd planned! They're so cute and pathetic when they're tired!

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch