Friday, July 25, 2008

The library

I took the kids to the library today. I don't think there is a more difficult place to keep an eye on a two year old. Seriously. Connor would totally disappear every two seconds. Look down for a half a second and boom... gone. He could be two feet from me but between the aisles I couldn't see him one bit. I would follow the trail of books that had been pulled off the shelves with a stern "Connor!" in the loudest whisper I could manage.

I had signed Maddy up for a project they had there. "Bug Barrettes" So cute. They do some really cute things at our library. I've never been disappointed. Maddy made two butterfly barrettes, complete with yellow feathers. The feathers were pissing me off though. The glue wasn't dry when it was time to leave, and I'm telling ya, it's hard to carry 6 books while balancing feathers on a napkin. Every other step the feathers would fly off and I would have to put everything down and put the dang barrettes back together again. It was frustrating, but we finally made it to the car.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch