Sunday, April 27, 2008

A tribute to my friends.

I don’t make friends very easily. On average I make a friend about every five years or so.
It’s a combination of being kinda shy and the fact that I am extremely picky about my friends. But as a result I have accumulated a group of friends that I wouldn’t trade for the world.

I would like to pay tribute today to my friends. I love each and every one of them. I’ve spent the last 30 years collecting them and I’m very proud to call each and every one of them my friend. I wish I could post a picture so you could see how gorgeous they all are.

Mel – No one in the world has a better work ethic. There isn’t a person on this earth who is willing to work harder than Mel. Despite having M.S. she works circles around everyone she works with all day long. Then comes home and cares for her two boys, and her house is still cleaner than mine. She seriously never stops moving. We have been friends for over 20 years. I honestly can’t say enough good things about her. I wouldn’t be who I am today if she hadn’t been in my life.

Jennifer – Jennifer is my “go to” mom. When I have a question about being a parent she is the first person I call. She has 4 boys and if something can happen to a kid, she’s seen it and knows how to handle it. She gives the best advice and always knows what you need to hear, even if it’s not what you want to hear. She’s a straight shooter and that’s why I love her. She truly knows what it means to be a friend. Everyone needs a friend like her in their arsenal.

Nikki - Nikki is calm, cool, and collected. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen her frazzled. She has such a rational mind and is willing to sacrifice and work hard to meet her goals. She could accomplish anything that she set her mind to. She is such a great friend, her friends are truly her second self. She listens to intently when I talk and remembers everything I say. She even remembers stuff about my life that I’ve forgotten. It kinda freaks me out when she does that.

Sarah – Sarah is a tireless mother. I seriously don’t know how she does it. She has three adorable girls ages 4 and under and runs her own online business. She even gets up before 5 every day so she can go work out. I would be sitting in the corner with a blank stare and a little bit of dribble on my chin if I had half the stuff to do that she does. And she manages to look fabulous while she does it all.

Vanessa – She managed to get her Masters degree while working full time as a single mom. I’m still in awe of that. She is so amazing and smart. The last few years have been busy for her, she’s gotten married, bought a house, had a baby. I’m so happy for her. All her dreams have finally come true. We haven’t talked much lately because she has been so busy, but I will welcome her back with open arms when things calm down for her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a wonderful friend you are to post this blog. Thank you so much for this entry. You are a true friend and you have brightened my day. Thank you!

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch