Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Birds

We have some birds that are living in our attic, walls, eves or some place up there. They are very cute, the mommy bird sits on the wall all fat and fuzzy and cute and looks up at the top of the house. Then a baby goes swishing by and she takes off after them. Connor was so excited about it. We were looking out the window and pointing out all the birds we saw. Then after a few minutes he got his buzz blaster and started "shooting" them. Such a boy! So I decided we should just outside so we could get a better view. Plus the added bonus of not scaring the birds with the most annoying toy ever created.

We went out in the front so we could watch the baby birds fly in and out of a hole in the side of the house. I wish I could be a kid again and think it was actually cool that we are sharing our home with a family of birds. Once we were outside and listening it was amazing how many birds we could hear. It isn't something you notice unless you are listening but once you take a minute to pay attention the sound is almost deafening. "What was that you said? I can't hear you over all the tweeting!"

Oh and Connor has a new phrase today. "I don't want to!" Ahh, such a two year old thing to say.
Me: Time to go.
Him: I don't want to!
Me: Connor get into your seat.
Him: I don't want to!
Me: Do you see that big truck?
Him: I don't want to!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch