Monday, December 17, 2007

Nothing like some hot chocolate to cheer you up.

Do you ever get so bored that you can't even think straight? I did yesterday. I just woke up bored. It was the kind of bored where every little thing that makes you get off the couch is a huge irritant. Like "UG...I can't put a movie in for you. I'm too busy being bored." I was so busy being bored that I didn't even take a shower. Which is too bad cause that could have killed a lot of time. Hair removal alone would have taken me 30 minutes. Never mind the cleaning I could have done while I was in there. I bet I could have created a plume of chemicals big enough to make the neighbor's eyes sting. But instead I laid on the couch with a pillow over my face and got frustrated with the kids for wanting lunch.

But today has been more productive. I took Connor to the doctor's. I really felt like an idiot. He isn't sick. He really doesn't even have any symptoms that I could list. I just wanted to know if he had an ear infection or not. Then when they are making the appointment they ask questions like "why do you feel he has an ear infection?" Ummm... no reason. I just think it. I could almost hear their eyes roll. But the thing is that he has never gotten sick and not gotten one. He was sick last week and just hasn't been himself. Nothing dramatic. Just off. When we got there I got the same "you're a freak" vibe from the nurse (purely my imagination I'm sure) when she took his temp and it's 98.6. But Connor DID have an ear infection. I was right. And Connor did soooo good. It was the best doctor's appointment we have ever had. He even let them weigh him! That's huge. He only cried when the doctor looked in his ears and then stopped right away. I was so proud.

Oh, I didn't do a new recipe last week. I also never told you that the pork chop recipe from two weeks ago was pretty good and really easy. I've made it again since then. This week new thing is hot chocolate. I've actually already made it so I can tell you right now... it rocks! Perfect for the holdiays.

SPECIAL HOT CHOCOLATE

1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tub of cool whip
Hot milk

Combine chocolate morsels, sugar, water, and cinnamon in large measuring cup. Microwave at medium 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring twice during cooking. Cool to lukewarm. (takes about 20-30 mins)

Gradually mix cool whip and cooled chocolate mixture together. Chill. Chocolate mixture keeps well in refrigerator in covered container up to 1 week.

For individual servings of hot chocolate, place 1 cup milk in serving mug. Microwave at high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in 1 rounded tablespoon chocolate mixture until smooth. Chocolate mixture will yield 15 to 18 cups of hot chocolate.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch