Friday, December 28, 2007

Good bye 07, Hello 08!

So 2007 is almost over. Crazy. Inspired by my good friend Shane on Dec 21 (http://www.landofsavages.com/) I will write about the best moments of 2007.

Hmm… I have to be honest that nothing pops into my mind. I really feel like the days just blend into one. Days blend into weeks, weeks into months, and then bang.. the year is over and I can’t believe it.

I will have to think more carefully. Well, Connor turned one. He also learned to walk, which was amazing to watch. The first time he took more than one or two steps to our outstretched arms was to follow Maddy around and pretend to be a train. It was just the beginning of following Maddy everywhere she goes. He also started talking. I can’t even list the words he can say.

I got my minivan and turned 30 in May. What can I say? Some things just go hand in hand. Haha. I’m old now… I’ll drive the minivan. No, really, I love my van. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

What else? Well, Lindsey got married. Which is awesome, and I got to go visit back home all by myself! Which was a blast and half.

Then we landscaped the back yard. Which is soooo nice. Its like a whole new room to the house. Now that it isn’t hot as blue blazes outside we can open the back door and the kids can come in and out as they please. Not to mention the hot tub!

Maddy started school. Wow. What a milestone for her. She loves it and is doing awesome. It was a big deal for me too. Going from having two kids home during the day to just one. It was hard to get used to at first but now I love it.

And our family vacation to Disneyland. Fun as always.

Now for things I’m looking forward to in 2008.

Starting school. I hope that it gives me what I’m looking for. A little time away from the house and kids. An outlet to be myself again. An actual person, not just someone’s mom all the time. Plus, it’s something that I need to get done anyways. I really can’t think of a better time to do it.

Paying off Larry’s car. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good loan payoff!

Connor is going to turn 2. Which hopefully means the start of potty training. Maybe 2008 will be the last year of diapers?! Let’s hope.

I will be thrilled if 2008 mirrors 2007. We had a pretty good year and I just hope for more of the same.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch