Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mom! I'm hungry!

I just realized, on a normal weekday I make 10 meals. 10 meals a day! Holy, cow. If on the weekend Larry makes breakfast and we eat out twice I make 58 meals a week. No wonder I like to eat out.

Granted some of the meals are combined. Like Larry and I eat the same dinner every night. But most of those meals are totally separate meals. Connor and Maddy rarely eat the same thing for breakfast, and I almost never eat the same thing as the kids. So that is 3 separate breakfasts. I have to pack Maddy's lunch so that is a whole separate meal. And then Connor and I never eat the same thing for lunch. So three separate lunches.

And dinner. Don't even get me started on dinner. It starts with Connor yelling from the bottom of the stairs "Maddy! Dinner time is ready!" Someone always has something special despite the fact that I have flat out refused to cook two dinners. Believe me hang around here long enough and you will hear me loudly proclaim "I'm not cooking two dinners, you will eat what I serve!" And yet, when I sit down at the table to eat the four plates rarely all have the same food on them. I don't know how they do it... those little buggers. It's like I love them or something.

Getting dinner from the stove to the table is like a fricken circus act. Me and Larry dancing around twirling plates on long sticks and juggling flaming serving spoons. I've been known to throw a gallon of milk like a boomerang. It flies around the kitchen, fills little cups and then lands back on the counter, all while balancing a stack of hot chicken nuggets on my nose. It's amazing that we ever eat a fairly hot meal at roughly the same time.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch