Friday, December 12, 2008

First Grade Musical

Maddy had her first grade musical last night. It was really cute. If I get on the ball I'll upload the video. They did T'was the night before Christmas. A few kids would do the lines of the poem and then the group would sing a little song. They all wore their pajamas... adorable.

Maddy had a line, which was cool. She was really excited about that. Her line was "Then out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter."

But she said it like this...

"Then out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from.... my... bed....to.... seeeeeeee.... whaaaaat.... waaaaaaas... the..... maaaaaattttttteeeeeerrrrrr."

And everyone giggled. Which it was cute, the way she drew out her line to get a few extra seconds on stage. But she was kinda hurt that people laughed. I tried to explain that they thought she was cute, that is why they giggled. Because they were happy. I don't think she cared all that much though.

*******************************************

Honest to God, I was writing the above when the phone rang. It was Maddy's school. She was at the nurse with pink eye. So she is now sitting on the floor with a book on her head and singing I'm a little tea pot. Yes, she's 7. I don't know....

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch