Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Time Warp

I went through a little time warp this morning.

The alarm went off and I laid there for a bit. Then I looked at the clock and it was 7:02. Connor was awake and calling me. "Mommy! My blanket!" Yes, his blanket was wrinkled. It's a terrible thing around here. I had to get up twice in the night to smooth it out. But that's neither here nor there. I laid there for another minute, then got up. I weighed myself, got dressed, started digging through my sock drawer for two matching socks. I will admit this took way longer than it should have. Finally I realized the laundry was all sorted over on the love seat so I went over there, sat down to put my socks on and glanced at the clock.

7:44!

I literally blinked hard, rubbed my eyes, and then looked again.

7:44

In a panic I checked another clock.

7:44

Oh crap! Maddy was standing at the bottom of the stairs fully dressed. I said "Its way late!" "Yeah, I know, the first bus (middle school) came a long time ago." She replied. "Well it's time to get your shoes on." Then I notice her hair. Grrr... It needed to be straightened. I told her she can either wear it in a pony tail or I will have to drive her to school. I said this like it's any kind of choice. She asks me every day to drive her to school, so I wasn't surprised by the answer. "You can drive me I guess."

But I made it! I couldn't believe it. I straightened her hair, got Connor dressed, and made it to the bus stop before the bus came. Awww.. yeah. I rock! Who's the mom?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch