Thursday, September 4, 2008

Such a boy

Connor has lost the ability to carry things. Instead he pushes a dump truck everywhere he goes and in the bed of the truck is whatever needs transporting at that time. I felt some hard plastic hit my leg just above my ankle, look down and there is his dump truck with his cup inside. "More milk, please!" he says. I refill his cup and hand it to him. He puts it in his truck and off he goes again. The truck used to make a clicking sound as it went. It was supposed to be the motor I guess. But that part has mercifully worn out.

I got him some new shoes today. Size 9 1/2. Apparently he has inherited his father's feet. Whenever I buy him shoes I'm just amazed at how big they are. And then in a few months they look so small, as I buy the next size and again marvel at how big they are.

I've always heard that buying clothes for boys is less fun. And it's true. The girls shoes are so cute. For boys you have black, brown, or a character. That's it. Nothing cute. I went to 5 stores and there wasn't anything I was just fawning over. Btw, I got black.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch