Saturday, June 21, 2008

Longest day

I don't know if I mentioned this but starting about two weeks ago Connor started waking up earlier and earlier and earlier. We have tried everything we can think of. Putting him to bed later, putting him to bed earlier, putting tinfoil over the window, blocking the crack under the door, forcing him to lay in bed until a reasonable time.... but nothing is working. For the past year or so he has been waking up between 7 and 8. Totally respectable times to wake up. But then it started. 6:50, 6:45, 6:30, 6:15, 6:00, 5:50, 5:30, 5:15, then yesterday 5:06. Today:4:50. Seriously, when will it stop? Just when I think it can't possibly get any earlier, it does. So while this is the longest day of the year, it is also the longest day of my life.

To make matters worse, Larry has been working 6 days a week for the past few weeks. Which means that I have to get up with Connor every. single. day. I can't, with good conscious, say to Larry... "Hey, thanks for working 16 hour days 6 days a week for the past two weeks, but can you watch the kids.... cause I'm pooped." As tired as I am, he is way more tired. And I can take a nap.

But on a positive note: The day I've been waiting for for 2 years finally arrived. Connor came running into the living room totally butt naked. lol. I knew it would happen someday. I could tell he would be the kind of kid that just strips naked on a whim. But yesterday there was a purpose for the stripping. He needed to go potty. A few days ago he decided he was interested in potty training. Then yesterday he was determined to figure it out. He actually went a couple of hours without a diaper on. He would come and tell me he had to pee, I would put him on the potty, and he would actually pee. It was amazing. There was only one accident and that was while he was eating lunch.

Even when he was wearing a diaper he would take it off and ask for the potty. I would say he went probably 10 times or more. He was really loving it. Now if we could get a poop on the potty, that would be awesome.

1 comments:

Shane said...

Hooray for Connor-bear! That's really neat he's so excited to go to the toilet instead of the diaper. Too bad when he's old and gray it'll all reverse. :P

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch