Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The dentist

We went to the dentist yesterday. Maddy and I both had appointments. I took Connor with us. Which probably wasn't the best idea to begin with. I don't know what I was thinking. It's been a while since I had a cleaning. I guess I forgot how long it takes.

Overall they were pretty good. My appointment took an hour and a half, so considering that I would say they were good. Not perfect, slightly embarrassing, but overall pretty good. I was surprised how much parenting I was able to do without being able to see them or speak. I just laid there staring at the ceiling and listening to them. A snap of the fingers and a stern point to their chairs was actually working. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw sock go flying across the room. That's when I knew I was in trouble. It was the only time I had to stop the appointment and lay the smack down.

But even with them mostly sitting in their chairs and not touching anything they were so loud. Maddy didn't stop talking once the whole time we were there. And the rooms aren't private, there were tall half walls between each chair, so everyone in the whole office could hear everything. Which wasn't cool. Even when Maddy went to her appointment, which was on the other side of the office I could still hear her talking. "I brush my teeth everyday. I do such a good job. I have a spongebob toothbrush. I have my very own toothpaste. There is a new Toy Story coming out when I'm 8. I can't wait for 1st grade!" and on and on. I don't know how they even got a peek into her mouth.

I'm sure they were happy to see us leave so their office could return to the serene workplace it normally is.

1 comments:

Kerrie said...

Hello...I'm new to your blog...I happened upon it from another via another etc....you know how that happens.

I started blogging again recently and wrote in my first post that blogging for me is like peeping through someone's windows when the lights are on but they haven't yet drawn the curtains...the title of your blog made me smile, that's exactly what it's like for me.

Have bookmarked you and will drop by again. Thanks for the smiles and read.

Kerrie (in Queensland, Australia)

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch