Saturday, January 17, 2009

We're home from Disney

We got home Thursday night. Besides when Connor was a newborn, I would say those 5 days were the most exhausting 5 days of my life. Wow... I was beat, but in a good way.

Let's see. I've been putting off writing about it because I don't even know where to begin. First off, the crowd level was wonderful. Most rides we practically just walked right on and I think the longest line we stood in was about 20 minutes. Maybe 30. It was great! Which I think is partly why it was so tiring. It was ride, run to the next thing, ride, run to the next thing, ride, and on and on. Most rides we rode twice, some three times. We rode the train about 6 times because it was a chance to actually sit down and rest.

Needless to say, we had a blast! Connor lost his dang mind. One of the little shorts they show between actual shows on the Disney Channel is this song about the Bullet Train in Japan. It's very catchy and about a train... so it's one of Connor's favorite songs. He thinks the Monorail is the exact train they are singing about. It really does look like it. So going on the Bullet Train was the absolute highlight of his trip. The bad thing about it was that we tried 6 times to ride the dang thing before we actually got on. Apparently they shut it down if it gets over 80 degrees, which it was for the vast majority of the time we were there. But we did finally get to ride it on the last day and we got to sit in the very very front which was cool. In one part you go over what looks like the Golden Gate Bridge. Then yesterday at Walmart there was a picture of the Golden Gate in a frame and he pointed it out and said that we went there on the Bullet Train. That boy doesn't forget a damn thing!

We did the breakfast with the characters again this year since it was so fun last year. Only this time since there were no crowds it was even better. There were only about 10 families there so we got to spend as much time with the characters as we wanted. Plus we like that breakfast since it's a buffet and they have an omlette bar. Mmmm. Anyways, at the breakfast we saw Minnie, Daisy, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Chip, Dale, Captain Hook, and the Fairy Godmother. I have mixed feelings about people in costumes. It's fun for the kids and I do think it's neat to see every character. The five year old inside of me can forget it's a person in a costume and it can actually be Minnie for a second. But the rest of me knows full well that there is a person under there. And that is weird. I can't see their face, I don't know if they are annoyed or smiling or sad or making faces at me or what. They just have this weird perma-grin on their plastic face... and that kinda freaks me out.

The characters in masks aren't supposed to talk. We saw Mr and Mrs Incredible and Mrs Incredible went all nuts for Connor. She got down on one knee and gave him a huge hug and was whispering in his ear. I was taking the pic and Larry was up with Connor trying to ear what she was saying but he couldn't make it out. When we got home that night I asked Connor what she said and he said that she said he was "very cute" and "so sweet". lol. That was really neat. I'm guessing she had or has a chunky blond haired, blue eyed boy herself.

We saw one show called Drawn to the Magic. It's real Disney animators and they sing and dance and draw a picture. Maddy got picked to go up on stage and do a princess pose so that the lady could draw. She drew Sleeping Beauty and gave Maddy the picture. Then Sleeping Beauty came out and signed it for her. It was very cute. And the best news is that we were able to get the picture home and it is now safe in a frame.

Maddy finally went on the Tower of Terror. And it lived up to it's name for her. She won't be going on that ride again. But Space Mountain scared her the first time a few years ago and this time it was her most favorite ride. So maybe she will get the nerve up again someday.

And for those of you who saw the first Rock of Love... we saw Lacy at California Adventure. We were walking over to the Toy Story ride and she was walking right towards us. I'm looking at her thinking "Wow... that chick looks exactly like Lacy." And then as soon as she passed Larry said "That was Lacy!" and I'm like "I know!" Then later she was walking right in front of us. Despite Larry's very best efforts we only got a pic of her from the back. But Larry did get a little taste of what it's like to be in the paparazzi.

Connor had a hard time accepting it was time to go. As soon as he realized we were not going back to Disneyland he started screaming and saying "I want to ride the Bullet Train!" After about an hour of that Larry had to pull the car over and give him a talking to. Then he was better. We were out yesterday and I told him it was time to go home and he whispered in my ear "I want to go to our Disneyland home"

I've uploaded our pictures, so if you know me in real life you should be getting an email at some point here with all our pics from the trip. If you don't get one, let me know.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch