Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a real beauty

Connor calls his pant legs "tunnels". lol. Isn't that cute?

He has also been calling his booty his "beauty". As in, "I'm sitting on my beauuuuuuty". I'm going to start calling my butt "my beauty". lol. I think it's fitting, don't you?

OH! I can't believe I almost forgot this. I'm sure you don't remember but back in the summer I met a mom at the park and we totally seemed to hit it off. She had a daughter the same age as Maddy and a Son the same age as Connor... to weird. Our husbands even have very similar jobs and hobbies. Totally bizarre. We chatted for like two hours while our kids played so nicely and at the end I gave her my number and we made tentative plans for them to come over and go swimming.

She never called.

I was so bummed. Seriously, so so bummed. I did the whole check your phone to make sure it's working routine. Went over the whole thing in my head thinking "Was it something I said?" But you know... that's life.

Anyways... I saw her at Costco today. Her son has bright bright orange hair. I saw him and I thought... "Hm... he looks familiar." And I looked at the mom and bang... there she was. For a moment I thought of saying Hi, but I didn't. I mean, she didn't call for a reason right? What was she going to say "oh hi! I'm so glad to run into you because I wanted to call but I lost your number." Um... doubtful. Possible, but doubtful. I'm sure it would have been more like "Who the hell are you?" So I skipped that bit of humiliation and went on with my day.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch