Sunday, January 4, 2009

Does Medicare cover that?

I was driving the other day and was coming up to a light where I was going to turn right. I know you are supposed to stop at normal stopping place and then inch up to turn right on red... but come on, real life here people. I did what normal people do when they are out and about and went up to where I could see if it was clear, like a half car length into the right turn. I stopped there and out of the corner of my eye I see someone on the sidewalk. He was close enough to scare me, like I was going to hit him. It kinda took my breath for a second. He was going fast and I didn't see him til the last second because I had been looking left for cars. There was no danger of me hitting him because he was just turning the corner on the sidewalk but we met at the corner at the same time and it startled me.

Anyways, so I look closely at him and he is like a 70 year old man... on roller blades! I was like "you go boy!" How cool is that? It reminded me of this story that I want to say I heard from a friend that worked in the emergency room. But that doesn't make sense because I don't know anyone who works in the ER so I don't know where I heard this story. But anyways, there was this 80 year old man who got admitted to the ER with snowboarding injuries. Snowboarding injuries! Rock on old guy. Rock. On.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch