Friday, February 27, 2009

The week in review

Crap! It's been a week since I wrote in here. Dang it. I don't know how time gets away from me.

Let's see, what did I do this week... I can't even remember. My life is like a bucking bronco and I'm just trying not to get trampled. In fact, I've fallen off but my foot got caught in the reigns and I'm being wildly thrown around like a rag doll. Occasionally my head hits the ground and I pass out for a few minutes. That must have been what happened this week. Cause seriously, I thought I was writing every day. lol.

Anyways, so this week...

Monday: I made lasagna. Oh, no wait... that was two weeks ago. I don't remember Monday at all except that I had a math test.

Tuesday: I went to the post office and then out to lunch with Connor. Don't remember much else.

Wednesday: I met Larry for lunch, talked to Nikki, and then did homework. Maddy came home from school bawling her eyes out because she picked out an AR book that was the wrong level. (AR is the advanced reading program. You read a book, then take a comprehension test on it. When you pass 3 tests then you move up to the next level. She is now in level 2.1. That's second grade, ya'll!) I tried to explain that it wasn't a big deal and that I'm sure she could trade it for another book in the right level. She said there was no way she could at all and that she is the only kid who has ever picked a book in the wrong level and she will have to go to another school in order to fix this problem, as it is the worst thing a student could ever do. She literally cried for about an hour over this. Got her calmed down and then went to school.

Turns out that it's not a big deal and you can, in fact, exchange the book for one in the proper level.

Thursday: I went to Target and then stopped at Quiznos so that I could use my coupon for a free sub. Yum. That's basically it.

Friday: So far nothing. I do need to go to Walmart and pick up some pictures I ordered and then come home and fill my collage frames and then rehang all my pictures. Last week we got the super idea to move the computer upstairs. This seemingly simple move has affected every room in the house except for Maddy's room. No joke! We moved the computer into the closet of the spare room. Which meant emptying the closet. Which meant moving everything either into the garage or into the closet in the master. Which meant reorganizing the master closet. I found a bunch of stuff that should be in Connor's closet, which meant reorganizing that.

So then finally the computer goes upstairs. Which left a big gaping hole in the living room. So we needed to move the TV. Which left that wall VERY bare. So we moved a book case from the living room into the family room. Which meant reorganizing the DVDs. And the point of moving the computer was to have all the officey type stuff in one place. Which most of that was in the hall closet. So that got reorganized as well.

Oh and somewhere in there I decided to buy a new light fixture for the downstairs bathroom.

But it was all worth it. Not only does the house look nicer now, I can actually use the computer without Connor sitting on my lap and putting his big round fuzzy head right in the way. Or better, standing behind the chair and turning it back and forth. Or even better yet, slapping at the keyboard and making all kinds of weird changes that I didn't even know you could do, let alone how to fix.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch