Friday, February 13, 2009

Can it!

We got a new trash can yesterday. (Hey, if I'm committed to writing every day you can't expect them all to be interesting!) Connor promised me that he wouldn't break this one. How nice of him.

The weird thing is that we have been in the market for a new trash can for quite some time. I just couldn't make a decision on the matter. The truth is that I would like a nice high quality, non plastic one. But I can not bring myself to spend $100 on a trash can. A TRASH CAN! A can in which to place my trash. I mean really. I can't do it. Even as it was I could hardly bring myself to put that first piece of trash in my nice new clean and shiny $17 plastic trash can.

It's pretty, even if it is plastic. It's black, so hopefully you won't be able to see every little piece of crud and junk that gets into the crevices. Like you could the old one. I really did clean it, every time I mopped in fact. Not that you could tell.

It's funny all the different kinds of trash cans. I remember growing up we had a little can under the sink. Mel had an outside type trash can, like the kind you take to the curb, in her kitchen. What the heck kind of bag did they use? The thing must have weighed a ton! Anyways, some people just use a plastic shopping bag hanging on a door knob, or a garbage bag lying on the floor. I've been in houses like that. Anyways, it interesting. Well... maybe interesting is too strong a word. It's curious.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch