Thursday, February 12, 2009

Warts and all

If you are wondering why I'm wearing duct tape on my foot, it's because my doctor told me to. haha. No joke.

I went to the doctor today to have a wart on my foot frozen off. Gross, I know. I can only assume that I got it at the pool, cause when else do I walk around barefoot in public? Did you know that the wart virus can live on a surface for months?! Dang.

First my doc gave it a few shots of liquid nitrogen, which really does hurt as much as it seems like it would. Then she said to put duct tape on the wart and keep it in the dark. Which I had read about the duct tape treatment online but I thought it was a joke. I tucked that little gem along side soaking it in 113 degree water for 30 minutes to 2 hours and rubbing a rag on it and then burying the rag in the backyard.

But here I sit with duct tape taped to the bottom of my foot. I hope it works. She said that the nitrogen makes the wart more obvious to my immune system so my body will fight it. And then the duct tape keeps the wart from getting some nutrients that it needs. I'm not really sure what keeping it in the dark does. But I'm supposed to keep the lights off when I change the tape. lol. I didn't ask what I should do when I take a shower.

Here are some other weird wart treatments...
Hypnosis (you are getting sleepy...)
Beetle Juice (paint the wart with beetle juice and then cover with clear tape)
Tea Tree Oil (Sounds like a drink)
Banana Peel (lmao)
Poison Oak Juice ( I don't see how this would help.)
Rubbing it with a coin and then throwing the coin away. (You keep the wart and lose the coin)
Rub the wart on the father of an illegitimate child. (I think I have one of those lying around. lol)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch