Friday, February 20, 2009

A helper in training

Connor is "doing the dishes" as I type. I have the faucet dripping the tiniest drip it can manage and luckily he isn't tall enough yet to reach the handle so he has to deal with it. I probably shouldn't let him do this but how can a person resist when your three year old ASKS to do the dishes. This is an activity that simply must be encouraged.

He then got the sponge and was "cleaning the table". Which means dragging a sopping wet sponge across the island. He is too short to actually see over the counter so he has no idea that he is really just getting my grocery store ads all wet. But it's sweet.

LOL... He just wiped pretend sweat off his brow and said "phew!". Then while standing on his stool turned to look at me. This allowed him to see the top of the island that he just cleaned. Seeing the puddles of water that he left during his cleaning spree he says, "Wait a minute?! The table is all wet!". He then got down, got a dish towel, and dried of the counter.

"I'm doing great, Mommy!"
"You are doing great."

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch