Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our vacation in the clouds

Just got back from our weekend in Sedona. I had planned on doing some hiking, seeing the stars, walking around in the little artsy shops, and seeing the big red rocks. Ehhh... It didn't really work out that way.

It rained the whole time. So no stars, no hiking, and clouds so low they were blocking the mountains. However, that does mean that we were literally IN the clouds. And there was almost no one else there which was cool.

We had the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. It was a one bedroom apartment at this resort type place. Very cool. I don't think we saw one other guest the whole time we were there... not that I can think of anyways. They had a fire pit like 5 steps away from our door. The first night we went out there and sat by the fire and drank Hot Chocolate. Cozy.

They have a festival of lights this time of year and we walked around that. That was pretty neat. We did walk around the little shops on the second day and then we went to a movie. Tangled. It was really cute. We all liked it a lot.

When I asked Connor about Sedona he said "Tangled was pretty good. I liked Tangled. I liked the lights. I liked the telescope. I liked the hotel. I liked the merry go round with the reindeers."

That about sums it up. Looking forward to my dad's visit tomorrow and then Christmas!! It's going to be another crazy week!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch