Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The cough heard around the Target

You know you are sick when you get up in the middle of the night to Google the symptoms of Pneumonia. I'm just saying.

I woke up this morning feeling like I had just run around the block when all I did was walk into the bathroom. So I made a drs appointment. Before I went made sure that I memorized all the symptoms so that I could make sure I was correctly diagnosed with said Pneumonia. But I don't have it, regardless of what the websites say.

I do however have Bronchitis. Which at least let me know I was not crazy. I also left with 4 prescriptions, which I don't know, seems like a little overkill. I got an inhaler (since I was out of breath just walking from the waiting room to the exam room), two different cough meds (one for day, one for night), and some antibiotics. My plan was to not fill both the cough meds but I just went ahead and fill them all, that's how crappy I feel.

I called Larry after my appointment to let him know I was done and that I was headed over to Target to get my meds. He asked me to pick up both his cholesterol meds and his allergy meds. Which meant that Maddy's asthma meds were also needing to be filled. I worked for three years to get their monthly meds on the same schedule, so now it is a hard and fast rule that if you pick up one, you pick up both!

So I hand the pharmacist my four prescriptions, and then ask for the other three I need. Gosh... 7 different meds for 3 different people. She was like... ehhhh... It's probably going to be like 30 mins. Which I expected.

So she rings me up, $100! Jeeze! I gave her the money and a joke about opening my own pharmacy. Then she reaches into her drawer and takes out two gift cards. "I only have two of these left, you can have them. There's $10 on each." Sweet! I don't know the rules on the magic gift card stash, but I was greatful. I'm sure they are meant for the little old lady who gets like one pill at a time cause that is all she can afford. But I still really appreciated it. It was probably my raspy, crackling, I'm-so-sick-I-shouldn't-be-in-public voice that got me first in line on the sympthay train.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch