Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not a job I would want to have

You know what job seems way easier than it actually is (I assume)?

Doctor's office appointment maker.

It seems like a fairly easy job. Answer the phone, make appointments, get off the phone.
"Thank you for calling Dr. Shmocker's office. How can I help you?"
"Yes, I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. Shmocker."
"Great. I have Friday at 1:30 available."
"No, that won't work. Do you have anything after 3:00"
"I have a 4:30 next Tuesday, does that work for you?"
"Yes, that would be fine."
"Ok, great. We will see you next Tuesday at 4:30. Have a great day!"
"Bye."

Ok, yeah there might be some name getting and what not... but it seems like that would be the basics. Except for the very last question they always ask... "What is this appointment for?" UG. That is the question I would hate to have to ask. I always feel bad for them when they ask me that one. I try to keep it short and sweet, but you know not everyone does. You know that half the people go into this hour long explaination of exactly what ails 'em. Every stinking detail of their medical history to this poor poor Dr's office appointment maker. Poor poor $10 an hour Dr's office appointment maker doesn't want to listen to the history of your rash. Or your dialated pupils. Or your fast heart beat. Or your dizzy spells. Or your migranes. Or whatever else you got goin' on.

I bring this up because I went to the Dr today to get the last freeze on my warts. I called to make my appointment dreading the question "What is the appointment for?" I knew it was coming. We had agreed on a time and date and then she asked it. Arg.

"Its for another treatment on my WARTS" I made sure to emphasize the word "warts" and then I gave her a thumbs up, even though we were on the phone.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch