Monday, August 31, 2009

School

I'm afraid to bring it up because I might jinx myself, but I've managed not to eat out on school days. Which is 4 days a week by the way. Not even an iced tea. This is money saving stuff right here people. I was going to say it was also calorie saving... but then I would have to ignore the piece of chocolate cake I eat immediately upon walking in the door after school.

Today on the way to school I accidentally drove on the rumble strip for a second. I thought it was my exit... it wasn't. Anyways, Connor said "Hey mom?! I think the bye-byes (that's what he calls the van) just FARTED!!!" and then he laughed a real genuine laugh. Not the fake HA HA laugh we usually get... a sweet bubbly giggle. It was so cute... he's such a boy!

I have to leave a full 30 minutes earlier than I should to get to school because it takes FOREVER to find a parking spot. On Thursday I circled around for 25 minutes looking for a spot. Jeeze. I was getting so frustrated. Connor kept saying "Mommy, just park the car right here! We are going around in circles." Yeah... I know. Whether it's because of the high unemployment rate and people are using this time to take some classes, or because people can't afford ASU so they are coming to community college, or... as I heard today... that people are taking a class at MCC and then taking public transit over to ASU so they don't have to pay for parking over there (grrr) it sucks. If I didn't have Connor I would consider parking at the mall across the street and riding a bike over to class. But I'm stuck at the mercy of parking spaces... and I will go around and around and around looking for a precious spot.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch