Monday, August 24, 2009

Preschool

Well, we survived our first day. This morning was a little tough because he was ready to go and we had about 3 hours to kill before it was time to leave. Luckily, there was a marathon of Special Agent Oso (Connor's favorite show) on so that saved me.

We still got there a full 30 minutes early because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take me to drive there, or find a parking spot, or say good bye to Connor, or find my class. Turns out everything went perfectly so I found a shady spot outside my class and talked to Larry on the phone.

As far as leaving Connor at school... that went as expected. I hung out with him in his class for about 5 minutes and then I said "Ok, It's for me to go to my own school." He started to cry a little bit and said that he wanted to come with me. I said "No, you are going to stay here with your teachers and all your new friends. I'll be right back." He thought that was fine and that he wanted to play with the trains. I got a hug and a kiss and then off he went. When I left he was choo chooing along with another little boy.

When I went to pick him up they had just come in from playing outside. He was just as any little boy should be... a big sandy sweat ball. lol. His hair was soaked with sweat and his hands and legs had sand stuck to them all over. He didn't want to leave.

I think tomorrow should be fine.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch