Monday, August 3, 2009

The end of summer vacation

One week left of summer vacation. ONE WEEK! Crazy. Pretty much my only goal of the summer was to get Maddy's room fixed up. Which I did. So can we call it a success? Possibly... But I know my goals weren't very high. Two months to clean one room isn't exactly shooting for the moon.

We also bought and ate tons of strawberries. I learned how to make Strawberry Bread. Which is delish. And we went swimming several times. So that is good. As the kids get older they are more fun to take to the pool.

Maddy has been kind of swimming... in a all systems go, way too much effort for the amount of propulsion kind of way. But it makes me think she is ready to really get something out of swimming lessons. I've looked up some places and there is a place not too far from here that gives lessons year round for only a slightly outrageous amount of money. I think it would be a good idea. Does that mean we will do it? I haven't fully decided yet.

We also went to all 10 weeks of the summer movie program. I learned that it's better to skip the big giant drinks and just bring lolipops for the kids. It really saves lots of bathroom trips during the movie. Of course I didn't figure this out until week 10. But now I know for next year. (Next year when I'm talking about how fun the movies are going to be over the summer please remind me of this little tip. Thanks.)

We also had a good library schedule going for the last few weeks. This is something I need to start earlier in the summer. I had been nervous about the library because before when I used to go there Connor was so little and he would get lost in the bookcases. But once I got my nerve up and went I found out it's not so bad. He's bigger now and doesn't get lost as easily. I only lost him once in the 3 or 4 times we went. And that was because he was very concerned about a just-learned-how-to-walk baby that was wandering away from his daddy. It was super cute. Connor stayed right with the baby and was all worried about the fact that it was walking away and no one seemed to watching him.

So one week from today Maddy will get on the bus and go to second grade. Wow. Who's life am I living? Cause I certainly don't have a second grader!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch